Beauty On a budget

 Beauty on a budget




If there us one think being homeless and not having money to spend on expensive lotions and potions is there is always something in the cupboard or garden. The cupboard or garden, yes, if you look on the back of most of the lotions and potions you use, you will find, if you use natural products, that is,  most of the ingredients are in your cupboard. I was homeless for almost 3 years and I would stay I had really bad skin due to the fact that I drank a lot and I smoked and ate the wrong things, which had to have an outlet and that was my face. Some people have it that outlet their backs or legs or chest mine like so many was my face. I did not realise how bad it was until I have looked back on the Facebook memories timeline and seem just how bad it actually was. I will put it down to not having a great beauty regime that was a dye hard routine, so I would not say I moisturised every night etc, It was more of an as and when.


When I moved into my own solo flat, still apart of the homelessness transition, but independent living, I started to get more structure as I started to take care of my skin. Forming a skincare routine, at the time I also noticed I had less money to spend on buying the products I wanted, so I started to look on Pinterest for ways and ingredients I could use to create a skincare routine. When I was browsing I was finding stuff made from ingredients I had in my cupboard and they were pretty simple to make. Which should not have surprised me too much as when you go to lush, buy their fresh range they only use the ingredients in your cupboard, so having no money I had to start getting created and that what I did.

I research thinks like oats and there benefits and found that they added elastic and moisture to your skin, so I starting to not only use it on my face, I was using it in my bath. The oats in the bath that produced a creamy lather that helped not only take the thin layer of dirt we accumulate throughout the day it also helped to keep my skin soft. I also started using honey, I would use the honey with the oats in two ways one in a face scrub which at first I found messy until I had gotten the mix right. Another way I would use the combination was to add turmeric to the mix with a little bit of water to help it stick to my face and use it as a face mask, it worked wonders, It helped release the dirt that had built up allowing my skin to breath and leaving it squeaky clean shiny and soft.

I would also sometimes use the face mask mix as a body scrub, but that was short-lived when I realised that the turmeric stained the sheets, That was the downside the plus was it left a great glow on my skin.

I would pick fresh Lavender from gardens as I would pass them, dry the lavender out and use it in the bath, once the lavender heats up in the bathwater it would start to release oils from the petals helping clean the skin clean and fresh as well as soothing any aches and pains in the process.

Here are the ingredients that I used and their benefits

OATS

  • Removes dead skin cells
  • Helps manage excess oil on the skin
  • Relieves itchy skin
  • Good soother for sunburn
  • Good skin moisturizer
  • Removes Blackheads
HONEY

  • Good for acne, because of its antibacterial agent
  • Hydrates skin
  • Evens skin tone
  • Gives skin a glow
  • Reduces wrinkles
  • Great for skin antioxidants
TURMERIC

  • Anit- inflammatory
  • Anit- bacterial
  • Lightens marks
  • Fights acne
  • Reduces wrinkles

LAVENDER

  • Fights acne
  • Reduces wrinkles
  • Soothes sore skin
  • Detoxifies the skin

It goes to show that you can have great skin whatever the budget, just have a look in your cupboard see what you have written the list down and then head over to Pinterest and see what those ingredients can do to help give you the great skin you deserve while on a budget. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How food people brings people together

Case study